Sponsored by the Exxon Mobil Corporation and the LULAC National Educational Service Centers.
Submissions Deadline is May 1
Sponsored by the Exxon Mobil Corporation, the LULAC National Educational Service Centers (LNESC) will award one (1) national scholarship of $ 20,000 (paid over four years), and twelve (12) $ 2,000 Local scholarships to qualified Latino high school seniors who plan to Pursue a degree in engineering at U.S. post-secondary Institutions. Applicants must reside Within the Following cities or surrounding areas:
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Pueblo, CO
- Miami, FL
- Kansas City, MO
- Albuquerque NM
- Philadelphia, PA
- Bayamon, PR
- Corpus Christi, TX
- Houston, TX
- Dallas, TX
- El Paso, TX
- San Antonio, TX
- Must be a graduating high school senior.
- Must be a Hispanic student accepted into and planning to attend a full-time program in engineering leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of at Least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent.
- Must have Scored 29 or higher on the ACT test, or 1350 or higher on the SAT test (sum of critical reading and mathematics scores).
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Have the legal right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship requiring now or in the future.
- The application period for the ExxonMobil / LNESC Scholarship is from March 14, 2014 to May 1, 2014.